with all the beef rendang and mutton curry you can devour


a malay wedding can never run smooth without the help of the dishwashers.
ever noticed how malay food can be utmost oily.
sometimes we malays just seem to use fossil fuel to cook. our oil dont seem to be refined.
its as thick as the flow of ice-cream coming from the ice-cream dispenser at McDonald's.


but still we carry on for years and the menu never seem to change.
simply cos the food taste good. i mean, the name itself 'Nasi Minyak'.
doesnt Minyak means Oil?
and we all love Oil Rice, since 1876. or issit 1881. i think its 1907.
but i think i'm coming up with the numbers myself.



someone's happy today.well actually, its not me. its not my 'happy' occassion.i was busy helping out at deane's brother's wedding ceremony.i had to do the dishes alongside ahmad. it was my maiden try at mass dishwashing. to say i enjoyed doing it may be an overstatement. i would have if it was at a slower pace.




and and.
i learnt a new malay word that might have gone rusty in my head."Bilas", what i infer from it is "to rinse; especially with clean water"
the wedding was all true Javanese flavoured. there was no random kompang banging.
instead, there was the kuda kepang (horsies) and a black random thing that looks like a dragon but reminds me of a budget lion dance.
i'll load up pics of that when i get it from deane. i was too busy with the cups and plates.


by 1600+, my skin irritation started acting up.
it became red and bumpy.strange, cos i didnt even perspire.
which means it wasnt the sweat. i didnt even let my upper arm and neck come in contact with the dish water. only thing about my skin was that it was unsheltered from the sun. hmmm...


yada yada, after that went home before heading to the Enlarged Jurong Point
and then to the Enlarged Lot 1.
and i rewarded myself with Gundam 00 DVD. its not a boxset. its a DVD with an empty boxset for me to collect future volumes.
funny cos i'm not a fan. it was either that
or "10 Years of Westlife: Live at Croke Park" DVD
or Taufik's "Suria Hatiku" Album
or Rain's "Rainism" Album

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion