new year through old times

between the year of 1988 and 2004, i can't really recall what i did on New Year's Eve.
only thing i vaguely remember was sleeping through it all and waking up eagerly to see the date on The Straits Times.
when i was younger, i'd always thought i'd be dead by 2010. so to meet 2020 was never in my imagination.

ooh, suddenly i recall what happened on the eve of welcoming 2005.
it was 2200hrs, i was about to sleep. i was 16 then and had completed my 'O's
the phone rang. it was :) (not her real name).
i think it was her maiden call to my house. and we chatted through the night. i didnt know why.
and only now i recalled, prior to the long endless phonecall, she gave me a nice crayonish decorated note. something about how dope of a person i was to her. something about how we should treasure our friendship (which we didnt and she turned lesbian and i turned bi and the rest was history) :) was sweet. :) made me lose 9kg in 2001. and :) sat infront of me in class.
i think i was the only bugger who got that note from :). what if i actually....???
nahh

ushering 2006.
i was at home.
watching TV. and the moment it was 0015hours, i went to sleep.

ushering 2007,
i was resting at home.
with my TV on.
after 15 minutes after countdown, i went to sleep.

ushering 2008
i slept.

so i'm kinda expecting a pattern for Ushering 2009 then...
for sure i wont be out.
my pocket's dry for the next 3 days

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain