old story

my mom used to work in the old Jurong East Library.
that was like in the early 2000s.
i would accompany her alongside my sis and we'd spend our whole day there.

she was positioned at the second floor counter.
i was there next to her one day.
there was a 'bookworm' who came up to the counter and asked my mom.

"Excuse me, do you have this book?
How Do I Attract The Girl I Have A Crush On?"


my mom, as a dutiful librarian,
typed what he said into the database search system.

"Sorry. we dont have that book" my mom said to him.

and then he asked another random question which sounded like a paraphrase of his first question.
I on the other hand couldnt stop giggling.
well he walked away and carried on his hunt at the shelves.

"all the people here so weird ah?" i commented
"they all want different things. but most want Harry Potter" my mom replied
" (-___-) "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion