cheese and biscuits


my generous aunt, more affectionately known as Cik Som.
well, in my culture, Cik are for the Aunts and Wak is for the Uncle, i think.
only me and my sis call my generous aunt Wak Som instead of Cik Som.


why the generous part?
well she indeed is.
every now and then, she'll drop by and give us food or something something.
when dad was sick, she helped paid a lot.
when i got into poly, i got cash from her.
when i did nothing, i got cash from her.
shes really a kind soul. she even love and respect her neighbours, something opposite of my family. we hate our neighbours, but that another story.


so, my Wak Som can really cook.
when i say really cook i really mean really cook.
i bet every family has got one aunt who can really whip up tasty dishes in a flash.
i think Wak Som is that miracle aunt for my side.

oh, she's not even blood related to my dad.
in fact, she's kinda like my father's stepsister.
see, my dad's tree is kind of a roundabout too. i mean, all i know is that i got more than 4 grandmas and multiple grandpas. but that another story.


back to the main point.
this is the main point. the facts are these, when i was way younger,
the only Hari Raya treats that i enjoyed most was of course the Pineapple Tarts.
well that was untill Wak Som introduced me to her delectable Cheese Biscuits.
my palates immediately made love to the biscuits as i chewed them biscuits
into wet moist bolus in my mouth.

every year, she'd make limited amount of it.
and every year, i'd be the only soul to attack them cheese biscuits.
my mom finally made it herself but she wasnt interested in them anyway.
she made it for ME!

and there you go.
cheese biscuits, since 1993

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion