1981 part 1: before me and my friends were born


my current town wasnt born yet in 1981.
it was a random kampong ulu pandan then.
PIE was new then and there was not a single sign of Bukit Batok.
my house is near where Jalan Perang used to be.



and my former Bukit Batok house is also at the former Jalan Perang.
its near the quarry as well.
so yes.
i was actually studying Jurong Road when i chanced upon this.

why?
i had a suspicion that Old Jurong Road was part of Jurong Road.
cos Jurong Road ends abruptly at Bukit Batok West and over at Bukit Batok East,
an Old Jurong Road penetrates itself arrogantly on the map.
So there you go, the road that led to the former Bulim Chinese Cemetery.
only 174 survived to this day using this road. 175 was withdrawn from service.

so what did your town used to be?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain