reflections of a green man

back in my early days offshore. we were supposed to keep a so called journal.
it was like blogging to me. just that i would have gotten into a whole lot of trouble if my superiors had actually read what i'd wrote down. it was a little too skimpy. but i liked it that way. it was straight to the point.
my platoon mates could actually write down a day's worth of reflection on 2-3 pages of paper. me on the other hand had 4 days entries on just one page. tsk tsk tsk.
these few dates below are actually days that i remember living thru'.



13/10/08
Aqua. Fun.
Rifle cleaning. No fun.
Tomorrow EI talk, maybe fun.
lookin' forward to it. & i'm hungry


15/10/08
Urban Operation was fun.
but gettin' into trouble for drawing
on the wall is no fun at all.
Bang Bang!!


18/10/08
I passed IPPT. Bookout time.


19/10/08
Booking in. Report sick.


20/10/08
Sickbay. Ssshh...


21/10/08
Early part of the day at MO.
Later part of the day slack.
I lost 1.2kg but official records said i gained 600g. Yay.
Finding out that i passed IPPT was dope.
But being the only one to do so was simply much more doper.
I deserve a Pocari Sweat.


1 month later

21/11/08
FUCK ROUTE MARCH & FLU
I NEARLY DIED.
DIED OF SUFFOCATION.



well actually yes. i couldnt breathe and my feet were killing me.
i was giddy and had wanted to collapse. 16km only, have yet to move on to 24km then.
but u cant blame the flu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain