that sunday morning

confessions of a 21
i usually dont talk back to my parents. i'd just stand to cry while they get to me physically and mentally.
but sometimes, theres a limit aint it?


"you think you're what? Hitler? my point is not that i want my money. you're just pinpointin' the minor details. im here to show you the result of how you brought me up"
i finally voiced out

"kau jangan sombong adam, kalau bapak tak didik kau macam gini, kau ingat kau boleh jadi macam ni, poly? Kau nak jadi macam Fahmi? Aidil? kau tengok sendiri kau punya keturunan." mom replied
(don't be arrogant adam. if your dad hadn't raised you that way, do you think you'd be who you are? you wanna be like insert scumbag cousin names. just look at your roots)

"thats your keturunan. after 21 years, you'd think i'd just shut up? i have my opinions and feelings. of course i'd react" i retaliated

"kau ingat kau dah besar? kau tetap anak apa." dad shot back at me
(you'd think you're all grown? you're still our child)

"till 50 i still have to shut up and just obey? wheres the democracy? i have my limits" i countered




the reason

"kau nak bangun pukul berapa? ada orang bangun pukul dua belas?" dad
(what time you wanna wake? you think there are people who wake up 12?)

"did i raise my voice at you? did i curse you? did i retaliate? no right!? i immediately woke up and its not even 12. its 11. i went straight to shower right? so whats the problem?" dm

"kau keluar dari rumah ni sekarang" dad
(get out of this house)

"gladly, you think why i didnt come back for the past few days and slept in camp? why was i alone in the bunk?" dm

"kau ingat kau boleh hidup?" mom
(you think you'd be able to survive?)

"biarkan dia pergi" dad
(just let him leave)

"come. bring it. are we done already?" dm


and what was running thru my head?
dashin' to grab that kitchen knife just in case that beast gets physical with me

and the twist?
dad tried to give me a peck on the cheek. but i shunned him and he only manage to peck my shoulder.
an hour later
"we're gonna go buy kfc. u want?"


what an anti climax.

thats why i love my parents



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain