mindnight mourning

...continued

so i was at KBC.
the rest of the stay-in people then arrived.
Shahidi came up to me and asked, "ey, stay out. got a stick?"

and so i offered him a cigarette.
and it was then that i realised that i was supposed to report at Sembawang Camp instead of Kaki Bukit Centre. sheesh.

i was supposed to be doing my islandwide driving on the rover.

and boy oh boy.
was the man in charge pissed at me.
he was so furious it seemed like he could have launched an attack on me.
but i managed to salvage the situation by being all apologetic and calm.
standard. thats so me. i even made sure my tone was melodic.

and suddenly he was all nice to me.
i am such a liar.

well, it was a good thing i went to the wrong camp cos,
first, i got an OFF PASS so i could go home after lunch.
second, the group that went to the islandwide driving met into an accident.

my friends CPL Tay n Tang got hit by a Garbage Truck. it happened at the flyover at Lentor. the truck hit the Land Rover's back while trying to overtake.
it sounded bad. the TP and paramedics were called in and CPL Tay was sent to the hospital.
sheesh. that could have been me.

"you're lucky" ivan offered to me while we were having our lunch
"i guess i am." i replied

and then Anand Nick came over to sit at our table.

"i failed HSP (highway situational problem; like an oral test with toy cars and a board with a traffic junction printed on it.) man, you're lucky you passed your TP the first time." Nick said to me.

"mmhmm, lucky. reaaal lucky" i dragged my words while looking at ivan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain