the (language) barrier

thats we all know.

now, its amazing to hear what people say about you in another language behind your back.

not that it really happens to me. but, its just good to be in the know.
you know, not many of us malay buggers speak to Bobby and Michael. simply cos they're from China. and they have a Degree each. Michael's got a Degree in Medicine and he works in a Hospital before NS.

to be able to converse with them feels special. to be speaking in Mandarin when we're in the bus when booking out is a nice feeling.
and to have Bobby calling me "Blooder", in which he means Brother, is cool.
well i still remember me and my chinese stint in secondary school. and erm, i stopped in poly. and yes, i still hated my poly life

"can i have some of you peanuts?" i asked
"you don't need to ask. you are my brother" he replied while clad in his undies

"thanks man" i said
"no need to say thanks. you are my brother"

real funny. and we speak mostly in chinese with one another. and i must say, my vocab is expanding and my pronounciation is getting better each day.

"i wanna learn chinese" i randomly let go
"dude, you can already speak in chinese, you can pronounce it properly" ivan replied
"well yeah, thanks to TV"


and hey, theres at least 6 chinamen in my group. and i can barely speak to them.
im so getting my chinese dictionary. its been 2 years since i've been aiming to get it.

"were you sleep talking?" shahidi asked
"hmm? was i?" i replied
"we concluded that it was you cos you're the only one who speaks chinese in bunk. and the one sleep talking was speaking in chinese. so..." bird replied
"what time?" i asked


"1 to 130am, khabir was still awake when he heard someone speaking in chinese" bird answered.

great. add that to my endless resume. right next to sleepwalking. sleeptalking.

___________________


but, every start has a story to it.

but then again. i don't wanna explain the whole story.
lets just say, someone really special inspired me. someone who was once close.
someone that triggered muziq.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain