21st march 2010

i pretty much woke up lethargic. i had range on the day before and it finished late. say midnight. i was greeted by birthday songs at the strike of midnight. handshakes and well wishes were aplenty. so i drove my truck filled with people and we headed for pasir laba, iti and back to jurong. at each and every stop, as they alighted to their destination, they headed down to my cabin, reached out their hands high to reach mine. there, they wished me well. a nice gesture indeed in the morning, as of then, it was 0120hours. this plus all the nice people who wished me via sms. you people are lovely.

so i left camp, pretty much rushing i would say, yet to bathe. headed home, dropped off my whole week's laundry and bathed. ahhh, soothing indeed it was. i had something up at 11. 182 was slow. not the arrival, but the journey. this is a common flaw on all return trips for 182. they have a long run time. which means, they can't reach the interchange too early. its their schedule flaw.
and so i missed 174. pissed i was but i'd got concession, so no biggie. 180 was made the alternative, with transfers expected.

so it was swell actually, attended part of a seminar, took a glimpse at the prospects of my future career. business and me have yet to make our acquaintants but it could still be well. it could open up more doors.
we left halfway though. oh ya, by then, i received another sms. it was my dad. the third time he texted me ever. this time to wish me well.

so the rest of the day, it was just me, garf, mufujifi and wendy's. wendy served us some good 3/4 pounder. and her cheese and cheese baked potato settled in my tummy and refused to go. if i had known, i'd have settled for less. it was taxing to the stomach. i swear i didnt wanna walk. now, let's not forget about the twisted frosty... what a finisher.

after food, we 'touched for a while. playing cube runners and stuff while waiting for downpour to change itself to drizzle. and it did eventually. garf had to leave us, he had squash appointment. so it was all good. and then the evening was well spent with mufujifi... weee, 'twas just like my previous birthday :)
china square central, ion and wheelock we roamed. over at muji, they had some interesting selections of cookies and such but the 3/4 pounder had made their base in my tummy. unpleasant indeed.

so blah de blah, that's basically it if you were curious enough to know. and yes, i do have a twitter account but im still more of a blogwhore than a tweetwhore. i fear word limits. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain