Time

Time (2003) was actually written in my head itself in 2009.
i was actually in Pulau Tekong at SanYongKong camp having my outfield as part of my Transport Supervisor training.

at that moment it was what you call 'admin' time. a personal time. the rest of the tpt sup and supply sup and mechanic sup were relaxing, chit chatting and some were bathing. while i was just being the usual me and keeping to myself while my head was looking for a new melody. the condition of that 20 men bunk was, woohoo.
filled with insects.

so there i laid on the stretcher like black bed.
still in uniform. unwilling to bathe. cos i felt something good was coming to my head
rifle in the cupboard. unlocked cos i forgotten to bring my padlock in singapore.
i looked to the ceiling fan above me.
dusty; i thought to myself.

and then my mind wandered. to back in late 2003 when i was still a hillgro(o)vian.
"it's been so long since 2003, everybody's words filled with pleasantries.
got my world filled with fantasies, lost it all when girl you tripped out on me"
i got worried that i might forget the melody when i return to singapore in a few days time.
miraculously for once, i didnt.


"time, still you look so captivating,
i can barely notice signs of your wear"

cos she indeed, still looks the same.
still captivating as ever.
and thus, the song.


so i came back to singapore.
we were recording "Whoa!" in RP with dhana at the recording studio,
and i gave dhana a sample. he liked it. and the rest was history.

lovely.
thanks d-fault.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain