like a perfect flower, gone with the shining of the moon

when i was like 11 years old,
i was white.
pure, innocent and full of nonsense.
nothing could get the best of me.
i was new and unstoppable.
"watch out world, here i come"

when i was like 14 years old.
i was a motley of red, blue and green.
ever so full of life. vibrant and exuberant.
and i always had a song that came in my head
and it always went out from my mouth
like a piercingly sweet melody out of a balloon

when i was like 17 years old
i was a rainbow
shiny and sparkly. filled with creative juices.
i always voiced out my opinion
artistically or anally.


now that i am older.
now that i am who i am now.
i am grey.
with all the greying hair that shoots through my scalp
with all the grey memories i have of the past
with all the grey juices of stale imagination oozing out
from the top of my head.

i am old

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain