grandfather stories

I shall cut the chase.
The history of this family conflict is a tad too complicated.

so, my maternal grandfather is sick to death. literally. he's all on the floor. kinda like paralysed. with little or no eating. only soft beancurd can make it down to his stomach.

grandmother is all frail and skinny now. they all live with my Uncle. we call him Unkwek (derived from Uncle Black)


so, my grandfather has been in this sorry state for like what? weeks? months?
whats the big deal now?

my dad hasnt let my mom visit him ever since.
mom always cries each time she receives phonecalls from her parents.
cos each time, nothing pleasant is always received.

things like
"grandfather's leg is swelling up like mad"
"we're all alone at home. grandfather is all weak and might go any moment..."
things like when my g'ma says to g'pa..
"abang, abang jangan apa-apa la. kita ni berdua aje. takda orang di rumah. nanti susah"
"dear, dont go. there's no one at home. it'll be hard should anything untowards happen"


so mom sneaked out with sis today. i didnt wanna go.
i didnt have the mood to see my g'pa.
lets just say, i was raised with divided loyalties.
i dont know who's wrong or who's right.


and now, we were supposed to be doing our evening Magrib prayers.
but dad didnt start leading us with the prayer.
instead, he went telling us history between him and g'pa.

of course, me being me.
i needn't even say a word to show my disagreement with his mentality.
i mean, should my grandpa die and then he'll let my mom visit her own parents?

well, so what if grandpa didnt favour us much?
so what?


should my dad suffer the same fate as my grandpa...
i know i'll delay my visit. maybe till the last moments....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain