fightin' a memory

i tell you, i miss mainland. especially during that period of time when i was outfield in Permatang. surrounded by only vegetation and neat columns of rubber trees. i must admit, i have never seen/touch a rubber tree in my life, only till then.
mud were aplenty. on my face, body, neck n' skin.

i recall sleeping under the trees, in the dark with my overly moist socks and boots. my hands and feet had blisters over blisters by then.

earlier through the day, my rival and i were tasked to cover the latrine holes.

"(laughin') i'm in Maritime, what am i doing here?" he said
"(sarcastic) i'm in Media, what am i doing here?" i echoed

and soon, everyone questioned their background. it was rather silly actually, but it made us felt weird as to where we were and the current state we were in.

"i'm did Chinese Studies in poly" another recruit voiced out






and lets face it, the combat rations were dope.
well i ate my friend's share as well. they were too weight conscious.

i had like, Potato Chicken Sausage Stew, Malaysian Sweet n' Spicy noodle, Japanese Curry Noodle, Waterchestnut Chicken Glutinous Rice, Pulut Kunyit, Red Bean Chicken Glutinous Rice, Opor Pasta with Chicken, Tomato and Thyme Pasta, Oregano Tomato Bean Stew with Chicken Sausage, Nasi Beriyani...

all those for the 5 days. the food was dope, i knew i'd gain weight. maybe.

it made me miss my mum. because i was mean.
on Sunday, when we were supposed to make our last phonecall, i cursed my sis and my mum while on the line. so wrong of me to do so. but when i got to mainland, it was as if it never did happen in the first place.




020208 vs 111008


so, i was out on Saturday. the planned Sec Sch Raya outing didnt become a reality, likewise with the RP's outing.
i was ok with it, cos i was super ultra drained (or maybe not) so i sailed to town, unsure with what to get.
i found myself at HMV looking through CDs and DVDs,
later on to China Square Central looking at Megazords,
back to Takashimaya looking for Sentai books and Westlife autobiography at Kinokuniya.



and then lookin' at more toys, got myself a Brownie Temptation Blizzard at Dairy Queen.



soon, back to HMV, my final stop. and i settled down for Pushing Daisies.
with thanks to Sunday book ins, i failed to catch the 2nd episode onwards.
i remember watching the first pilot on 15th June, the day before my enlistment.
thus, it was worth my $44.95.
i mean, it could have been Futurama, Malcolm in the Middle, The Simpsons, Scrubs or Buffy.



and look, Pie goodness....

a sweet day. now damn, i have to be at paris at 1710 hrs. time now 1422 hrs, proposed departure at 1545 hrs.





goodbye. buzz me anytime if need be.
till then, tata







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion