OctoJog; "i wish that santa could be here to see"

so there i go...

donned my army admin tee and shorts,
accompanied with my white army socks and the New Era running shoes.
in my hand was this green army pouch, originally meant for toiletries,
i killed its purpose by putting in
my keys, cigarettes, ligther, handphone and some loose change.
on my head, was my ONTO audio technica red headphones;
married to Black in which was the iPod Classic.

i went to the Menu and scouted for some muziq.
Ultimately, it was unsurprising to find my fave boyband on top of my list.
So, there, i selected the Christmas album.

"you better go already, its 7pm" mom said nicely from the kitchen
"cant you see im wearing my shoes!?" and off i went without closing the door and gate, trailed by a few profanities.

_________


now thats a 110kg muthafarquer


now thats the all new and improved farquer

______________


i started my run.
"no one else but me and you, nothing i would rather do
then hold you all through the night under my tree
bring along a mistetoe, keep the muziq nice and low
i'll show you how good it could be
i wish that santa could be here to see"

and then timberlake ends off the first chorus with
"it's beautiful under my tree..."

by then, i already passed by the first bus stop along East Avenue 2.
destination still unknown.
if i made a right, it would lead to that 300m track circuit.
if i followed the straight joggin' track,
i could end up at the Nature Reserve or ultimately up north to Hillview Avenue.
and then it was decided.
Hillview it was.

it was welcoming to see many others along the track.
and to see all the cars zoomed passed me by just to my left.
and then i passed by this NSmen running as well.
he was running the opposite direction...
he looked at me, i noticed.

so cut the chase, i ended up far enough and the track ended and so a U-turn was made.
i ran and ran. with minimal pauses of course.
in my head, there were many cut and paste thoughts.
like whats up later, where am i going, what is she up to..

so yes, i ran back to the 300m circuit...and thats where i passed by the same NSmen earlier.
he was running the opposite direction to where i was heading.
he looked at me, i noticed.
and so yes.
i slowed down by then.
relaxed. and then i sat.
took out a ciggy and puffed.

my throat was extremely dry.
the indian store was open and nearby.
i headed on there. stood right infront of the chiller.
surveyed and double dared myself to the HL chocolate milk.
of course, loving the thrill of a challenge. i got it.

i didnt even know how to open that small carton.
i was searching for a screw-on cap but that was not available.
and then i realised, tearing the top would be the only feasible means.
and there i go. 4 gulps to the bottom.

digest the lactose i did.
and then off to the next ciggy.
sat. chilled. relaxed.
whole body soakin' wet.

reminded me of the tekong runs.
brilliant.
jog number 1/120octo jog. as if.
great.

and here i am.
without clothes and blogging.
now that's a first.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain