on a serious note, i'll see you again

i have this massive fear in me. one that every living child has. to lose a loved one. especially the next of kin. this fear grows intense everytime i have to stay away from home for a bit too long. this taiwan trip ain't giving me an awesome feeling just yet.


you might not wanna click it now but one day, when the storm sets in, you just might...

i was surfing youtube. searching on R.I.Ps and bereavement songs.
there's still no other better ones that could relate to me apart from westlife's.
yes, i'm a fan i know. but i'm not biased.
in 2009, Kian and Nicky lost their dads. of course, for a man to lose a hero is a big soul crusher.

this resulted in "I'll See You Again" which is the last track from their latest album. when i first listened to the song's intro on my iPod, i thought it was gonna be a song about missing an ex or something.

but halfway through, i was proven wrong. it was about the departure of a loved one and how you wish you'd said what you wanted to. and i had never thought that westlife was capable of singing a bereavement ballad. i'd envisioned them to be love balladeers. :)

and to see Kian and Nicky teary eyed while performing this song on their current tour is touching.
so i'd have to say, this song "I'll See You Again" would be forever my anthem if ever any departures were to occur in my life.

'gone but not forgotten'
its my sis's fave of the album by the way. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the illegal mohawk and field camp companion

i have oh so many things to complain